The Wellness Q&A with Elaine Moore

Welcome to the Wellness Q&A, where members can ask Elaine Moore health-related questions. Elaine Moore is a medical writer and retired clinical laboratory scientist with over 30 years experience in immunology. Because this is a question-and-answer forum, each post will receive one reply. For additional inquiries, a new thread will need to be started.

allergies and fruits and vegetables ??
Last Post 02 Dec 2017 05:53 PM by Elaine Moore. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
elykojUser is Offline New Member New Member Posts:
--
28 Nov 2017 04:44 PM
    so I saw a past post from you about birch allergies and bananas. My daughter has a lot of environmental allergies and one being birch.. I just saw a list of fruits and vegatables to avoid if you have birch allergies. Also the list grows immensely if you have others. at this rate I cant feed her anything?? here are birch related things to avoid:
    carrots
    peppers
    tomatoes
    apples
    avocados
    bananas
    pears
    peaches
    plums
    strawberries
    almonds
    peanuts
    peas

all the things she will eat...now it could actual be triggering her graves?? I am defeated..I thought I was doing well with her
    Elaine MooreUser is Offline Veteran Member Veteran Member Posts:2342
    --
    02 Dec 2017 05:53 PM
    Hi,

Yes, in oral allergy syndrome, we react to foods with molecules similar to those of the trees/shrubs we're allergic to. We can react more severely to some of these foods than others. I'm allergic to birch too and try to eat more blueberries and citrus fruits than foods from this list. Greek yogurt can be a good choice too. best, elaine
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

ELAINE-MOORE.COM
    Elaine Moore Graves' Disease and Autoimmune Disease Education 

Copyrighted by Elaine Moore © 2008-2017 All Rights Reserved. All writing and images copyrighted. Last updated: April 28, 2017
    Copyright Notices and Disclaimer