The Wellness Q&A with Elaine Moore

Welcome to the Wellness Q&A where members can ask Elaine Moore any health-related question. Moore is a medical writer and retired clinical laboratory scientist with over 30 years experience in immunology. Get started by selecting Member Questions. This is a question-and-answer forum, and each thread represents a member question or set of questions. The question will only appear once it's answered. Thank you for joining.

Update on my niece
Last Post 14 May 2018 07:20 PM by Elaine Moore. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
PamelaJeanUser is Offline New Member New Member Posts:
--
12 May 2018 06:28 AM
    She does NOT have cancer, thank God.

But the rest is still true - afib that won’t stop, and Graves.

Pam
    Elaine MooreUser is Online Veteran Member Veteran Member Posts:2570
    --
    14 May 2018 07:20 PM
    Hi Pam,
    Thank God is right, and they were really remiss to tell her that she had cancer before all the test results were in. Since she has a family history of atrial fibrillation, her Graves' disease may not be playing a role here. Only about 10% of cases are caused by thyroid disease. I think I told you before that I'm only one of my immediate family with Graves' disease but all 4 of my brothers have atrial fibrillation.
    I don't think her treatment for Graves' disease should be influenced by the AF. Best, elaine
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

ELAINE-MOORE.COM
    Elaine Moore Graves' Disease and Autoimmune Disease Education 

Copyrighted by Elaine Moore © 2008-2018 All Rights Reserved. All writing and images copyrighted. Last updated: Mar 2, 2018
    Copyright Notices and Disclaimer