The Wellness Q&A with Elaine Moore

Welcome to the Wellness Q&A where members can ask Elaine Moore any health-related question. Moore is a medical writer and retired clinical laboratory scientist with over 30 years experience in immunology. Get started by selecting Member Questions. This is a question-and-answer forum, and each thread represents a member question or set of questions. The question will only appear once it's answered. Thank you for joining.

Depression related to med reduction
Last Post 05 Dec 2018 01:56 PM by Elaine Moore. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
rachelUser is Offline New Member New Member Posts:
--
03 Dec 2018 03:55 PM
    Thank you so much for your previous reply. I just want to make sure that I understand that based on my labs my meds should not have been reduced?
    Elaine MooreUser is Offline Veteran Member Veteran Member Posts:2825
    --
    05 Dec 2018 01:56 PM
    Hi Rachel,
    I looked at your last post and you never had a test to measure your free T3 (FT3) level. there was no reason to stop your T3 based on the obsolete tests that you had. there was also no reason to reduce Synthroid as your T4 was within range at 11. Total T4 tests are falsely elevated in most women. You should be having tests for FT4 and FT3 to determine what dose you should be on. best, elaine
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

ELAINE-MOORE.COM
    Elaine Moore Graves' Disease and Autoimmune Disease Education 

Copyrighted by Elaine Moore © 2008-2018 All Rights Reserved. All writing and images copyrighted. Last updated: June 30, 2018
    Copyright Notices and Disclaimer