Graves Eyes
Last Post 30 Jan 2022 01:31 PM by Elaine Moore. 1 Replies.
Author Messages
AlegreUser is Offline New Member New Member Posts:
--
19 Jan 2022 05:28 PM
    After 4 years I finally got a recent test within range. About 9 months ago, my eyes started hurting.
    The thyroid doctor is pushing surgery. I don't want surgery. What do you suggest? I've tried blood serum eye drops and steroid eye drops.

Thanks for your help.
    Elaine MooreUser is Offline Veteran Member Veteran Member Posts:3872
    --
    30 Jan 2022 01:31 PM
    Hi Alegra,
    Reducing your TSH receptor antibodies can help. Steroids can help but there are more natural ways. Read the suggestions I just gave to Amanda in the post right before yours.
    Diet using more whole foods with a minimum of processed foods and avoiding sugar and grains can also help. Mushrooms are good immunomodulators and offer benefit too. I take a complex with several different mushrooms to help my immune system.
    Surgery shouldn't be used too soon and is rarely needed today. If surgery is performed too soon it interferes with the natural healing process during the resolution phase of TED. This leads to the need for more surgeries. When decompression was used too soon in the 90's it led to many people needing as many as 10-15 corrective surgeries.
    Best to you, Elaine

---