The Wellness Q&A with Elaine Moore

Welcome to the Wellness Q&A where members can ask Elaine Moore any health-related question. Moore is a medical writer and retired clinical laboratory scientist with over 30 years experience in immunology. Get started by selecting Member Questions. This is a question-and-answer forum, and each thread represents a member question or set of questions. The question will only appear once it's answered. Thank you for joining.

Hyperthyroid ….. again
Last Post 12 Jun 2022 02:34 PM by Elaine Moore. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
RowanUser is Offline New Member New Member Posts:
--
26 May 2022 11:06 AM
    Hi Elaine
    I’ve been following your updates on here and I was so happy to hear you’re in remission. I really hope things are continuing to go well for you.

I’m back for some more advice if that is ok.

I had a baby 3.5 months ago and my thyroid is acting up again. I had bloods done 1 month ago and my TSH was less than .02 and ft4 35.5, ft3 was 12. I started on 15 mg Carbimazole daily but got Covid 1 week later which made me feel very hyperthyroid for a few days ( racing heart especially). That settled down but got blood results again today and my ft4 has gone up to 42 and ft3 to 14.

I’m reluctant to increase my carb dose as I’m breastfeeding but I’d love to hear your opinion on it. I obviously don’t want things to get any worse cos I’ll start to feel pretty bad. Currently I do have some symptoms but they’re manageable.

Thanks Elaine
    Elaine MooreUser is Offline Veteran Member Veteran Member Posts:3822
    --
    12 Jun 2022 02:34 PM
    Hi Rowan,
    Congratulations on your new baby. I think yo'll have to temporarily increase your carb dose and remember to discard milk expressed within 2 hours of your carb dose. Your levels will eventually fall and you can even move into hypothyroidism so it's a good idea to have regular labs. Best, Elaine
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

This site best viewed in: Google Chrome, MS Edge, and Firefox. Turn off ad blockers and DuckDuckGo to view Elaine's books.

Graves' Disease and Autoimmune Disease Education
    Copyrighted by Elaine Moore © 2008-2022   |   All Rights Reserved. All writing and images copyrighted. 
    Copyright Notices and Disclaimer

The Elaine-Moore.com site was developed and designed by VESWeb.com