The Wellness Q&A with Elaine Moore

Welcome to the Wellness Q&A where members can ask Elaine Moore any health-related question. Moore is a medical writer and retired clinical laboratory scientist with over 30 years experience in immunology. Get started by selecting Member Questions. This is a question-and-answer forum, and each thread represents a member question or set of questions. The question will only appear once it's answered. Thank you for joining.

Prolactin
Last Post 09 Apr 2019 10:53 PM by Elaine Moore. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
AnaUser is Offline New Member New Member Posts:
--
09 Apr 2019 01:43 PM
    Hi Elaine

Just had blood work done and my prolactin level is at 36. While it's not crazy high it's not in the range. I know a lot of factors can affect it, stress being one of them. I started taking coq10 twice a day (200 mg total) and I'm on 12.5 mg ptu daily and my t3 and t4 together with trab seem to be in ranges. Tsh is still less than 0.01. would you recommend anything to decrease the prolactin level naturally? Can it affect fertility? Many thanks. I started doing fertility massage myself as well.
    Elaine MooreUser is Offline Veteran Member Veteran Member Posts:2968
    --
    09 Apr 2019 10:53 PM
    Hi,
    since prolactin can be increased in hypothyroidism you want to make sure that your thyroid hormone levels are optimal. TSH is falsely increased so this result is misleading. Ideally, your FT4 would be near the high end of the reference range.An elevated prolactin can affect fertility, impairing it.

If you're seeing an endo, ask them about lowering your PTU dose to see if this causes a drop in prolactin. If you haven't been diagnosed with PCOS, ask if this is a possibility too. best, elaine
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

ELAINE-MOORE.COM
    Elaine Moore Graves' Disease and Autoimmune Disease Education 

Copyrighted by Elaine Moore © 2008-2019 All Rights Reserved. All writing and images copyrighted. Last updated: April 9, 2019
    Copyright Notices and Disclaimer