The Wellness Q&A with Elaine Moore

Welcome to the Wellness Q&A where members can ask Elaine Moore any health-related question. Moore is a medical writer and retired clinical laboratory scientist with over 30 years experience in immunology. Get started by selecting Member Questions. This is a question-and-answer forum, and each thread represents a member question or set of questions. The question will only appear once it's answered. Thank you for joining.

Ultrasound
Last Post 04 Jun 2019 01:06 PM by Elaine Moore. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
RowanUser is Offline New Member New Member Posts:
--
30 May 2019 09:53 AM
    Hi Elaine, I had a thyroid ultrasound done just over 4 months ago, when I was 37 weeks pregnant. The scan showed a 1.8cm cyst in my thyroid. Today I went back to my doc to get bloods done. She said the cyst looks more prominent to her now and may have grown so she wants me to get another ultrasound. I’m really freaking out that the fact the cyst may have grown so much in a short time is very worrying and it may be cancer and I’ll hsvr to get a biopsy done. I’m worried about the anguish this would cause me ( I have bad health anxiety) I’m getting ultrasound tomorrow but it will be a while till my doc gets the results and I’m panicking in the meantime
    I’d love to hear your advice.
    Thank you so much
    Elaine MooreUser is Offline Veteran Member Veteran Member Posts:3266
    --
    04 Jun 2019 01:06 PM
    Hi,
    It's difficult to tell from feeling your thyroid gland to see if the cyst has grown. If they're calling it a cyst, it's likely benign and filled with fluid rather than cells. I see you posted again so I'll see what you found out. best, elaine
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

ELAINE-MOORE.COM
    Elaine Moore Graves' Disease and Autoimmune Disease Education 

Copyrighted by Elaine Moore © 2008-2020
    All Rights Reserved. All writing and images copyrighted.

Copyright Notices and Disclaimer