The Wellness Q&A with Elaine Moore

Welcome to the Wellness Q&A where members can ask Elaine Moore any health-related question. Moore is a medical writer and retired clinical laboratory scientist with over 30 years experience in immunology. Get started by selecting Member Questions. This is a question-and-answer forum, and each thread represents a member question or set of questions. The question will only appear once it's answered. Thank you for joining.

Work and TED
Last Post 06 Nov 2019 09:57 PM by Elaine Moore. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
SuUser is Offline New Member New Member Posts:
--
02 Nov 2019 09:46 AM
    Hi I am a pharmacist and I have been dealing with graves and TED for past 2 years. I had a brief remission period.i am unable to function as a pharmacist I feel the aches and pains have taken over the best of me. My eyes are closed and have persistent headaches my question is how do I handle myself and work. Some days I feel I will pass out due to palpitations
    Elaine MooreUser is Offline Veteran Member Veteran Member Posts:3172
    --
    06 Nov 2019 09:57 PM
    Hi Su,
    Remember that palpitations can occur in both hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism, and your FT4 is what determines treatment. You want to be on the lowest dose needed to keep your FT4 near the high end of the reference range even if TSH is low. A low TSH is expected and does not mean that you're still hyperthyroid.
    Graves' disease is covered under the ADA act. You should be able to use FMLA to work reduced hours. Next time you write, please list your last labs and indicate the treatment you're receiving. best, elaine
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

ELAINE-MOORE.COM
    Elaine Moore Graves' Disease and Autoimmune Disease Education 

Copyrighted by Elaine Moore © 2008-2020 All Rights Reserved. All writing and images copyrighted.
    Copyright Notices and Disclaimer