The Wellness Q&A with Elaine Moore

Welcome to the Wellness Q&A where members can ask Elaine Moore any health-related question. Moore is a medical writer and retired clinical laboratory scientist with over 30 years experience in immunology. Get started by selecting Member Questions. This is a question-and-answer forum, and each thread represents a member question or set of questions. The question will only appear once it's answered. Thank you for joining.

Latest results
Last Post 12 Dec 2019 06:11 PM by Elaine Moore. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Not So GraveUser is Offline New Member New Member Posts:
--
12 Dec 2019 03:45 PM
    Hi Elaine,
    Just adding my final results for 9th Dec.
    Antibody count 13.00, down from 13.60
    IgE total (allergy) 19 ng/ml, down from 20 3 months ago, reference range less than 240
    Just in case it is helpful.

I also have a monthly test of leucocytes, hemotites, platelets (new doc wanted to monitor this). Everything is in normal range. What should I be watching out for?
    Thanks, Claire
    Elaine MooreUser is Offline Veteran Member Veteran Member Posts:3213
    --
    12 Dec 2019 06:11 PM
    Hi Claire,

Those are good results. Your IgE is normal and you've successfully recovered from any problems with allergy. It could be that dust mites are the only thing you react to. You're fortunate.
    A falling antibody count shows you're moving toward remission.
    The only other test you might ask for is a 25 OH vitamin D level if you haven't had one in a while. And also a biochemical profile, which you should have at least once a year. Take good care.
    It must be so pretty in France at this time of year. Take care, elaine
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

ELAINE-MOORE.COM
    Elaine Moore Graves' Disease and Autoimmune Disease Education 

Copyrighted by Elaine Moore © 2008-2020 All Rights Reserved. All writing and images copyrighted.
    Copyright Notices and Disclaimer