The Wellness Q&A with Elaine Moore

Welcome to the Wellness Q&A where members can ask Elaine Moore any health-related question. Moore is a medical writer and retired clinical laboratory scientist with over 30 years experience in immunology. Get started by selecting Member Questions. This is a question-and-answer forum, and each thread represents a member question or set of questions. The question will only appear once it's answered. Thank you for joining.

NEW RELEASE
APRIL 2020

Ivf and numbers are not in a range
Last Post 02 Aug 2020 03:47 PM by Elaine Moore. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
AnaUser is Offline New Member New Member Posts:
--
31 Jul 2020 01:35 PM
    Hi Elaine

I wrote to you before, but just want to check again. Brief history, 4 miscarriages, just turned 40, checked for clothing, no problem, slight graves which was under control for about a year now with no PTU. I had blood drawn four weeks ago and free t3 and t4 were in the range but I am thinking of starting IVF on August 1st and I repeated my blood work yesterday and for some reason both free t3 and free t4 outside the range, please see the numbers below. Should I go on PTU and if so which dose, or should I repeat my blood work in 4 weeks again? Is it okay doing an IVF if my numbers are out of range. Thank you again so so much

Thyroid Stimulating Hormone [TSH]
    LO

<0.01
    0.32-4.00
    mIU/L
    Thyroxine Free [Free T4]
    HI
    9-19
    pmol/L
    Triiodothyronine Free [Free T3]
    HI
    2.6-5.8
    pmol/L
    Elaine MooreUser is Offline Veteran Member Veteran Member Posts:3413
    --
    02 Aug 2020 03:47 PM
    Hi,
    For your best chances you want thyroid hormone levels that are in range. A 25 mg PTU dose would likely lower them enough but check with your doctor. I would use meds 3-4 weeks and check labs again to make sure they’re optimal before proceeding with IVF.
    Have you started progesterone or any other hormones that may have triggered the rise in your levels?
    Wishing you the best, Elaine
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Elaine-Moore.com   |   Elaine Moore Graves' Disease and Autoimmune Disease Education
    Copyrighted by Elaine Moore © 2008-2020 All Rights Reserved. All writing and images copyrighted.
    Copyright Notices and Disclaimer