The Wellness Q&A with Elaine Moore

Welcome to the Wellness Q&A where members can ask Elaine Moore any health-related question. Moore is a medical writer and retired clinical laboratory scientist with over 30 years experience in immunology. Get started by selecting Member Questions. This is a question-and-answer forum, and each thread represents a member question or set of questions. The question will only appear once it's answered. Thank you for joining.

telegon effluvium and covid
Last Post 15 Sep 2021 07:42 PM by Elaine Moore. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
elykojUser is Offline New Member New Member Posts:
--
13 Sep 2021 01:39 PM
    question. at end of March both my daughters and their mom got Covid. My daughters symptoms were mild. they are 15 and 14 and their mom was really sick . daughters recovered after a week but their mom it took a good 6 weeks. Their mom started losing a lot of hair, she is hypo, and went to a dermatologist and he said she has telegon effluvium and its known to be caused from having covid infection. She has to use rogain in her hair and said it could usually last 8-9 months and then get better. Over the weekend my graves daughter started experiencing the same thing, starting to lose hair.. I am so worried about her as she has a ton of anxiety from her acne already. She has been in range for years only taking 1.25mg methimazole and doing pretty well overall. what do you know about this if anything Elaine? hope you are doing ok.
    Elaine MooreUser is Offline Veteran Member Veteran Member Posts:3722
    --
    15 Sep 2021 07:42 PM
    Hi,
    One of my good friends with Graves’ has TE and it’s been going on for several years. Having significant hair loss from chemo, I can relate. However, most people on my drugs end up bald and while my hair is now quite thin, it’s still there. I think it’s from the. Vitamin E tocopherols and tocotrienols I take. Patrick Quillin also recommends E to prevent hair loss. I’ve also added branched chain amino acids and Premium Protein drinks. I spray my scalp with coconut water too. Essential oils like rosemary and also vitamin D massaged onto the scalp are also supposed to help.
    It has to be particularly hard for a teenager so I certainly wish all of your girls success with this.
    Best, Elaine
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

This site best viewed in: Google Chrome, MS Edge, and Firefox. Turn off ad blockers and DuckDuckGo to view Elaine's books.

Graves' Disease and Autoimmune Disease Education
    Copyrighted by Elaine Moore © 2008-2021   |   All Rights Reserved. All writing and images copyrighted. 
    Copyright Notices and Disclaimer

The Elaine-Moore.com site was developed and designed by VESWeb.com