The Wellness Q&A with Elaine Moore

Welcome to the Wellness Q&A where members can ask Elaine Moore any health-related question. Moore is a medical writer and retired clinical laboratory scientist with over 30 years experience in immunology. Get started by selecting Member Questions. This is a question-and-answer forum, and each thread represents a member question or set of questions. The question will only appear once it's answered. Thank you for joining.

Chemo cumulative effect
Last Post 06 Oct 2021 07:24 PM by Elaine Moore. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
lingUser is Offline New Member New Member Posts:
--
06 Oct 2021 03:44 AM
    Hi Elaine, thank you for taking the time to share how you are doing.
    I am praying today's scan will be good and your white blood cell count holds up.

Sorry to hear about the cumulative effects of chemo, it must be terribly draining.
    If the scan is clear today, does it mean the number of chemo cycles can be reduced?

Also sorry to hear food tastes like cardboard.
    Really wish you could eat as much nutritionally dense foods as possible.
    Guess chocolate caramels will have to do for now : (

I'm very glad to hear your brother visited you again.

Best wishes for 4th chemo.
    God bless you and give you strength.
    Ling
    Elaine MooreUser is Offline Veteran Member Veteran Member Posts:3722
    --
    06 Oct 2021 07:24 PM
    Hi Ling,
    Hooray, the CT scan showed some improvement. Still a few lesions mostly in the peritoneum but they’re slightly smaller. The lung lesions shrank and one of the tiny liver lesions is smaller. I’ll still have 6 cycles of chemo, the one tomorrow and 3 more and then the clinical trial immunotherapy drug for 21 months but just an hour every 4 weeks.
    After the 6 chemos the trial adds a PARP inhibitor drug or placebo taken as pills. We’re pretty sure I’m getting the immunotherapy drug and not the placebo for that phase of the trial. So it’s unknown if improvement is from the chemo drugs or the immunotherapy drug. I’m just glad something is working.
    Personally, I think it’s the prayers and support all of you are giving me.
    My absolute neutrophil count is low so they told me to do whatever I did last time and they’ll check before chemo tomorrow. Last time I got my count to rise with protein and vitamin C.
    Thanks for caring. Best, elaine
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

This site best viewed in: Google Chrome, MS Edge, and Firefox. Turn off ad blockers and DuckDuckGo to view Elaine's books.

Graves' Disease and Autoimmune Disease Education
    Copyrighted by Elaine Moore © 2008-2021   |   All Rights Reserved. All writing and images copyrighted. 
    Copyright Notices and Disclaimer

The Elaine-Moore.com site was developed and designed by VESWeb.com