The Wellness Q&A with Elaine Moore

Welcome to the Wellness Q&A where members can ask Elaine Moore any health-related question. Moore is a medical writer and retired clinical laboratory scientist with over 30 years experience in immunology. Get started by selecting Member Questions. This is a question-and-answer forum, and each thread represents a member question or set of questions. The question will only appear once it's answered. Thank you for joining.

Covid vaccination
Last Post 23 Dec 2021 11:36 PM by Elaine Moore. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
MillieUser is Offline New Member New Member Posts:
--
07 Dec 2021 04:36 PM
    Hello, I am new to all this so forgive me if you think this is stupid. I would like your thoughts on whether the covid, or indeed any vaccine can bring on or worsen TED symptoms. I am pro vaccine and had both covid injections. My first being at the end of January. I have an under active thyroid which has been stable for years but then at the end of February I started getting eye swelling and eyelid retraction in one eye. I was then diagnosed with TED. My thyroid levels are now out of range and I’ve had to come down from 125mg of thyroxine to 50mg. Is it just coincidence? I have read about 2 cases of TED in 2 woman who had no thyroid issues before being vaccinated. I know 2 is nothing compared to how many people have been vaccinated but I just wondered if there could be any connection at all. I know it’s rather a sensitive topic but I am worried about having the booster as my symptoms have now started to settle considerably.
    Elaine MooreUser is Offline Veteran Member Veteran Member Posts:3836
    --
    23 Dec 2021 11:36 PM
    Hi,
    You're totally right. Vaccinations stimulate the immune system so those of us with autoimmune diseases often produce more TSH receptor antibodies and these can trigger TED and cause a rise or sometimes a fall in thyroid hormone levels. I recently had to lower my replacement hormone after the booster. There's definitely a connection. Best, Elaine
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

This site best viewed in: Google Chrome, MS Edge, and Firefox. Turn off ad blockers and DuckDuckGo to view Elaine's books.

Graves' Disease and Autoimmune Disease Education
    Copyrighted by Elaine Moore © 2008-2022   |   All Rights Reserved. All writing and images copyrighted. 
    Copyright Notices and Disclaimer

The Elaine-Moore.com site was developed and designed by VESWeb.com