The Wellness Q&A with Elaine Moore

Welcome to the Wellness Q&A where members can ask Elaine Moore any health-related question. Moore is a medical writer and retired clinical laboratory scientist with over 30 years experience in immunology. Get started by selecting Member Questions. This is a question-and-answer forum, and each thread represents a member question or set of questions. The question will only appear once it's answered. Thank you for joining.

Latest labs - looking good
Last Post 08 Jan 2022 06:01 PM by Elaine Moore. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
BrianUser is Online New Member New Member Posts:
--
29 Dec 2021 11:51 AM
    Hi Elaine,

I hope your health is improving. Keeping you in my thoughts.

I had a thyroid panel run on 12-18-21.

TSH - 0.251 (0.45 - 4.5)
    T4 - 9.0 (4.5 - 12.0)
    FT3 - 3.3 (2.0 - 4.4)
    FT4 - 1.75 (0.82 - 1.77)

Finally I saw my TSH jump from its previous level of 0.06. It was also heartening to see all my thyroid hormones in the normal range at last. I cut back the Methimazole to 7.5mg (2.5mg 3x daily) at this point.

Even better, Kaiser ran my thyroid numbers as part of a blood test yesterday.

TSH - 0.26 (0.35 - 4.94)
    T3 - 1.07 (0.58 - 1.59)
    FT4 - 1.27 (0.70 - 1.48)

Aside from TSH, which is rising, my T3 & FT4 are right where I want them. I will continue the 7.5mg of Methimazole for another week as I will be seeing my endo and she will run more labs.

I have also engaged with a naturopath in Oregon who is advising me on how to wean my way off the Methimazole and BP medications. She suggested I might try ThyCalm PX by Restorative Formulations. However, I'm concerned about the high amount of selenium (600mcg) in the daily dose of ThyCalm. I asked her about just supplementing bugleweed and am awaiting her answer.

Wishing you a full return to good health.

Brian
    Elaine MooreUser is Offline Veteran Member Veteran Member Posts:3836
    --
    08 Jan 2022 06:01 PM
    Hi Brian,
    Your labs look great.
    You're right to question the high selenium dose. The rosemary in it may also be too stimulating and the price is high. It's a good idea to shop around rather than buy products from a practitioner's office. Thyrosoothe is a good product with bugleweed available on Amazon. I'd address the thyroid first and later move on to blood pressure products.
    Thanks for your kind words. Best, Elaine
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

This site best viewed in: Google Chrome, MS Edge, and Firefox. Turn off ad blockers and DuckDuckGo to view Elaine's books.

Graves' Disease and Autoimmune Disease Education
    Copyrighted by Elaine Moore © 2008-2022   |   All Rights Reserved. All writing and images copyrighted. 
    Copyright Notices and Disclaimer

The Elaine-Moore.com site was developed and designed by VESWeb.com