The Wellness Q&A with Elaine Moore

Welcome to the Wellness Q&A where members can ask Elaine Moore any health-related question. Moore is a medical writer and retired clinical laboratory scientist with over 30 years experience in immunology. Get started by selecting Member Questions. This is a question-and-answer forum, and each thread represents a member question or set of questions. The question will only appear once it's answered. Thank you for joining.

Hair Analysis for Minerals
Last Post 04 May 2022 01:44 PM by Elaine Moore. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
LynnUser is Offline New Member New Member Posts:
--
08 Apr 2022 02:18 PM
    Hi Elaine,

I am new to your site but found your name on the ithroid.com web site. I tried reaching out to John but looks like that site is no longer being monitored. His email address is no longer active.

I have been struggling with Graves since being diagnosed in 2018. For 3 1/2 years no matter what medicine changes were made, dietary etc. I could not get my numbers within range. Suddenly this past November my numbers were well into Hypo range so my Endo reduced my Methimazole from 10mg to 5 mg. 4 weeks later on Christmas morning I went into AFIB. Immediately went back up to 10 mg. 4 weeks later blood work again shows me in hypo. So now I am on 7.5 mg + 1mg of LDN. I get blood work done end of April.

My Endo suggests thyroid removal since I also have TED. I do not want to remove my thyroid!!!

In my core I believe there has to be a way to heal or at least push this into remission. I would be lying if I told you reading John Johnsons journey did not give me hope, because it certainly did. What are your thoughts on this and his journey?
    Is he still around?

Thank you for doing what you do for so many!

Blessings

Lynn
    Elaine MooreUser is Offline Veteran Member Veteran Member Posts:3822
    --
    04 May 2022 01:44 PM
    Hi Lynn,
    I heard John passed some years ago but I could be wrong. He was correct in that high zinc and low copper are seen in hyperthyroidism. I had told him about this. He took it too far though in thinking copper needed to be taken continuously. But as soon as thyroid hormone levels fall within the normal range, the copper needs to be stopped to maintain a normal 8:1 zinc to copper ratio.
    LDN is helpful and so are lifestyle and dietary changes. Sorry you developed atrial fibrillation but it may not be related to your thyroid. On an optimal dose of MMI, TSH would be low and FT4 would be near the high end of the reference range.
    best, elaine
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

This site best viewed in: Google Chrome, MS Edge, and Firefox. Turn off ad blockers and DuckDuckGo to view Elaine's books.

Graves' Disease and Autoimmune Disease Education
    Copyrighted by Elaine Moore © 2008-2022   |   All Rights Reserved. All writing and images copyrighted. 
    Copyright Notices and Disclaimer

The Elaine-Moore.com site was developed and designed by VESWeb.com