The Wellness Q&A with Elaine Moore

Welcome to the Wellness Q&A where members can ask Elaine Moore any health-related question. Moore is a medical writer and retired clinical laboratory scientist with over 30 years experience in immunology. Get started by selecting Member Questions. This is a question-and-answer forum, and each thread represents a member question or set of questions. The question will only appear once it's answered. Thank you for joining.

Newbie Question
Last Post 04 May 2022 01:51 PM by Elaine Moore. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
SuzUser is Offline New Member New Member Posts:
--
08 Apr 2022 04:34 PM
    Hello. I am 60, have Graves’ disease, and went through the whole hyper thyroidism and RAI. My daughter who is 20, is having horrible panic and anxiety attacks and hyperthyroid type symptoms. Her current labs show normal TSH, T4, and FT3 but high FT4. I am thinking that thyroid meds might help her as literally she cannot leave the house due to her rushes of this anxiety speedy feeling. Does the high FT four mean that she is hyper thyroid? I can’t get a doctor to take her labs seriously. (It took me five doctors when I was first diagnosed because my numbers were in range but I had terrible symptoms) thank you in advance!
    Elaine MooreUser is Online Veteran Member Veteran Member Posts:3822
    --
    04 May 2022 01:51 PM
    Hi Suz,
    Normally, TSH falls, usually to <.01 before thyroid hormone levels rise. That's why an elevated FT4 might not be taken seriously especially since the Covid vaccines can cause a rise. Other proteins can also interfere and an FT4 by dialysis test can tell if the FT4 is falsely elevated.
    There are also some types of hyperthyroidism caused by a DNA mutation that can cause hyperthyroidism. These aren't normally tested for but a good endo might pursue it. I describes them in my book on Advances in Graves' disease and hyperthyroidism. Best, Elaine
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

This site best viewed in: Google Chrome, MS Edge, and Firefox. Turn off ad blockers and DuckDuckGo to view Elaine's books.

Graves' Disease and Autoimmune Disease Education
    Copyrighted by Elaine Moore © 2008-2022   |   All Rights Reserved. All writing and images copyrighted. 
    Copyright Notices and Disclaimer

The Elaine-Moore.com site was developed and designed by VESWeb.com