The Wellness Q&A with Elaine Moore

Welcome to the Wellness Q&A where members can ask Elaine Moore any health-related question. Moore is a medical writer and retired clinical laboratory scientist with over 30 years experience in immunology. Get started by selecting Member Questions. This is a question-and-answer forum, and each thread represents a member question or set of questions. The question will only appear once it's answered. Thank you for joining.

NEW RELEASE
APRIL 2020

Tapazole before blood test
Last Post 12 Aug 2014 10:23 PM by Elaine Moore. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
JaxterUser is Offline New Member New Member Posts:
--
08 Aug 2014 09:31 PM
    Elaine

Someone recently asked how long to wait to take blood test after taking Tapazole. You said anytime that convenient after taking meds is fine. You also said that 3-4 hours after taking meds, levels will start to rise. If I need the most accurate reading in order to adjust my dose, should I lab closer to the time after taking my meds? Or is it more accurate to take the blood test when levels begin to rise.

Note that I take meds once a day in the AM and am on a low dose.
    Elaine MooreUser is Offline Veteran Member Veteran Member Posts:3413
    --
    12 Aug 2014 10:23 PM
    Hi Jaxter,

On a low dose your levels should be fairly stable. Test when convenient, preferably within 3-4 hours of taking your dose but anytime is fine. best, elaine
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Elaine-Moore.com   |   Elaine Moore Graves' Disease and Autoimmune Disease Education
    Copyrighted by Elaine Moore © 2008-2020 All Rights Reserved. All writing and images copyrighted.
    Copyright Notices and Disclaimer