The Wellness Q&A with Elaine Moore

Welcome to the Wellness Q&A where members can ask Elaine Moore any health-related question. Moore is a medical writer and retired clinical laboratory scientist with over 30 years experience in immunology. Get started by selecting Member Questions. This is a question-and-answer forum, and each thread represents a member question or set of questions. The question will only appear once it's answered. Thank you for joining.

multinodular goiter
Last Post 08 Jan 2022 06:09 PM by Elaine Moore. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
JudyUser is Offline New Member New Member Posts:
--
02 Jan 2022 08:53 AM
    in 1993 i was diagnosed with a multinodular goiter. Fine needle aspiration ( 3 over the course of 3 years) came back negative. Endo suggested periodic check but nothing more. No significant growth and no symptoms until 2012 when one of the nodules became toxic and began to affect TSH values, Since then TSH, T3 & T4 values have fluctuated on the hyperthyroid side. Have been on Methimazole 10 mg for bout 8 years. Latest tests, April 2021: TSH: 2.71 ml; T3: 2.87 ml; T4: .9 ng/ld. I have no noticeable symptoms except heart pounding ( if i stay still i can see hair movement in sync with heart beat), and the thyroid has been slowing growing, a bit more noticeable lump in my neck. I am on Losartan for hypertension. Endo in Chicago back in 2012 recommended RAI. I don't want to obliterate my thyroid but also don't want to end up with heart problems. I still want to preserve my thyroid but seeking natural treatment to reduce size, hyperthyroid symptoms, and get off Methimazole. Appreciate suggestions including trusted naturalist or integrative Doc referral in the Midwest. Thank you.
    Elaine MooreUser is Offline Veteran Member Veteran Member Posts:3836
    --
    08 Jan 2022 06:09 PM
    Hi Judy,
    I'd look for a good functional medicine doctor in your area and read online reviews. search for functional medicine thyroid doctors.
    Right now, based on those last labs your FT4 is too low and that can cause palpitations. TSH is also too high for someone on MMI. Because TSH causes thyroid cells to grow, you want a low TSH in multinodular goiter. A dose of 7.5 mg may be better although you should be having labs every 6 months. best to you, elaine
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

This site best viewed in: Google Chrome, MS Edge, and Firefox. Turn off ad blockers and DuckDuckGo to view Elaine's books.

Graves' Disease and Autoimmune Disease Education
    Copyrighted by Elaine Moore © 2008-2022   |   All Rights Reserved. All writing and images copyrighted. 
    Copyright Notices and Disclaimer

The Elaine-Moore.com site was developed and designed by VESWeb.com